Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Backyard Life

Introducing Houdini...
   my little escape artist. 
Houdini, just like all our other chickens, lives in the fenced in area in our backyard.  Recently she has decided to fly over the fence, into the backyard, and she does it quite regularly everyday.  She hasn't figured out how to get back over the fence.  When it is bedtime and all the others hens are roosting in the hen house she can't get in, so she comes up to the patio and roosts on our patio table. 
Most days I put her back over the fence during the day so she can go the bed with the others...but not before having some fun with her!
I know, you all probably think I'm crazy.
She actually stayed on for a long time!
 
Well, now you all have a glimpse of our backyard life.

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting chicken.:) How funny! Melissa Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Looks like you have fun with your chicken :):) Who came up with her name? It is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I have lots of fun with her! My mom came up with the name. It fits her quite well.

      Delete
  3. I love my beautiful chickens so much! He (she) looks lovely on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picture of y'all. So glad you started a blog. Olivia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input. Leave a comment, it might just make my day!