Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Mad Sewer

The past few weeks have been full of activities and I didn't have much time for blogging. Thankfully things are finally starting to slow down, and I can (hopefully) post more often. 

Lately I've been on a sewing craze. Despite having other things to do, I still made time to sew. I got inspired to sew more by a blog I found through Pintrest. My dad encouraged me to make a dress, so my mom and I both made one together. I have been wanting to post pictures of them but none of them turned out good. Hopefully soon I will get some nice ones to share with you all.

After finishing the dresses, I got the idea that I should make a cowgirl shirt...so I did. I started Monday, and had a western party with my home school group Friday. Wanting to finish in time for the party, I sewed like crazy for four days and finished it an hour before I had to go!

I'm still in the sewing mood and have some more projects to start, but that will be for a later post.  

My mom calls me the mad sewer.

 

Do you like to sew?

What projects are you doing or planning on doing?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shirt, Lacy!!! I like how your dresses turned out also. i enjoy sewing as you well know ;) My immediate sewing plans are to make an apron for the up coming conference (if I can find material) and a formal dress for April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Lacy! The cowgirl shirt you made turned out REALLY nice it looks store bought!!:) I can't believe you finished in just 4 days!
    I enjoy sewing too! I've just been super busy lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em. I can't wait to see how your formal dress turns out!!
      Thank you Melissa! It was a crazy fun 4 days. Keep up the sewing!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your input. Leave a comment, it might just make my day!