Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Homemade Chapstick

My friend Rebecca suggested I do a blog post about my chapstick making and recipe. So without further ado, I will get started...
Here is what I use
  • 2 Tbsp. beeswax
  • 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1 Tbsp. shea butter
  • 1 Tbsp. cocoa butter
  • 1-3 drops vitamin E oil
  • 1-3 drops sweet almond oil
  • spearmint oil
  • Chapstick tubes
I just melted all the ingredients in a sauce pan, and then use a little squeeze dropper thingy to get it into the tubes.
It makes about 13 tubes.
For the spearmint oil I put about 40 drops. I know it might seem like a lot, but I like it minty. Even after putting the spearmint I felt like it needed more mint, so I added a few drops of peppermint oil.
It turns out slightly different each time, so I just play around with it. 
This is just what I tried, but there is a variety of ways to do it. If any of you decide to try it, experiment with it. For example it you want it firm add more beeswax, or add more coconut oil for a softer feel. 
I love making concoctions in the kitchen and chapstick making definitely is my favorite concoction so far!    
If you are a little scared to try it all I have to say is " go for it!'

My mom ordered most of the supplies from

Have you every tried making chapstick? 
To those of you who have tried making chapstick, I would love to hear about your experience!

7 comments:

  1. YUM!! wait.... I did it again.... sounds like it smells good ;);) I will have to try it sometime.
    Now that you make your own chap stick you will never have a shortage ;);P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it does smell yummy! You should totally try it sometime!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I really enjoy making chap stick!:)
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my own chapstick too!! I will have to try your recipe....it looks really......yummy! Heehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post! I have never tried making chapstick before but I hope I can make some soon with your recipe!
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input. Leave a comment, it might just make my day!