Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart if the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.
Selah.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling places of the Most High.  God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.  The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered; He raised His voice, the earth melted.  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
Selah.
Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who had wrought desolations in the earth; He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire. "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
Selah.

3 comments:

  1. I love that psalm, Lacy. Thank you for reminding me of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Great verses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!!:) Great verses. I am so thankful that we can read the Bible!!:):)
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input. Leave a comment, it might just make my day!