Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

July 4th and a Birthday or Two

This year for Independence Day my family drove to Oakhurst to take part in a old fashioned picnic at the Fickling's house. We had some good ole fashion fun and it was a day to be remembered by all!
I didn't get much pictures, however my mom got a few of the water games for the kids and the watermelon eating contest...
 We were all thoroughly wet and refreshed by the end of the game.
Announcer: "Now for the first annual watermelon eating contest!!!!!!" *round of applause, please*
We started with the 5 year olds. The most entertaining out of the three groups for sure.
Next came the middle group of kids...I don't know how old these kids are. 7-12 maybe?
Last of all, the teenagers!
I won the watermelon eating contest!!! It was exciting for sure, considering that I was competing against guys with larger mouths than me. Hannah came in second with a bloody nose.
After the party we all went to "the Rock" at Bass Lake and watched the fire works.  I didn't get any pictures because I was busy watching the fire works, but I think you all know what fire works look like.

Saturday, July 5th was my brother Clint's Birthday!!! Emile, Hannah, and I make him a coffee cup mocha cake to celebrate.

Sunday, July 6th was my moms Birthday!!!
We celebrated it together with Clint's.
I didn't get any good pictures of her because most of the time she was the one taking the pictures. 
Of course at church we all sang to both of them!!!
It was a fantastic weekend, and we cherish all the memories made.

What did you do for the 4th of July?
Any Independence Day traditions?

3 comments:

  1. Nice post , Lacy!! For the 4th of July I planned a party with my sis and two of my dear friends :) We did a picnic at a friends house, played relay games and did watermelon contests. Then we went to watch fireworks at a lake. One of the men in our group let all of us young people ride in the back of his truck. We had a ton of fun!!!!
    Happy belated birthday to your mom and Clint!! Looks like the had an awesome time celebrating with a great cake to go with it ;):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sounds like you had lot's of fun!!!!!
      I sure did have a blast:)

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun! So glad you came, Lacy! Nice post. And yes, happy (very belated) birthday to your mom and Clint!! x-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input. Leave a comment, it might just make my day!